Help Desk for Students
How do I contact Technical Support?
- Visit the Student Support website at websupport.ct.edu, that includes FAQs, tips/guides, other related support resources and a web-based form to submit a help ticket to the Blackboard Student Support Center.
- by Phone: 860.493.0221 (see Support Hours)
Normal Business Hours for Phone Support and Web-based tickets:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm – 9:00pm
Note: The Support Center is closed on all holidays observed by the State of Connecticut. Here is the list for 2013:
|Christmas Day||December 25, 2012|
|New Year’s Day||January 1, 2013|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 21, 2013|
|Lincoln’s Birthday||February 12, 2013|
|Washington’s Birthday||February 18, 2013|
|Good Friday||March 29, 2013|
|Memorial Day||May 27, 2013|
|Independence Day||July 4, 2013|
|Labor Day||September 2, 2013|
|Columbus Day||October 14, 2013|
|Veterans Day||November 11, 2013|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 28, 2013|
|Christmas Day||December 25, 2013|
What information will I need when contacting technical support?
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Course Name/Number;
- Your name, Banner ID#, phone number and email address;
- Your operating system and version (Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP, MacOS 8/9/X, etc.);
- You should also have your Web browser information available;
- Your symptoms in detail.
Where can I go to find myCommNet NetID and Password information?
- If you have password problems go to the NetID FAQ page
- If you would like to reset your existing NetID password go to the NetID and Password Reset page.
Help Desk for Instructors
Instructors who are seeking assistance with their courses should contact their designated MIT instructional design liaison.For more information, contact Adrianne Kelly, Director of the Media Instructional Technologies Department.