Adjunct Accounting Professor
The department of Business Administration at Tunxis Community College is seeking part-time instructors to teach primarily the following three-credit courses: Basic Accounting, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I, Intermediate Accounting II. Preference given to instructors who can teach morning and afternoon sections.
An MBA or MS in Accounting and experience in the accounting industry.
- Two years of prior College teaching experience
- Advanced education and teaching experience beyond the minimum required
- Academic records that indicate an excellent background in accounting
- Commitment to stay abreast of recent developments in the accounting industry
- Experience teaching accounting in a community college or other college setting
- Ability to set specific learning objectives and measure achieved results
- Ability to make accounting courses exciting and meaningful to students
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate learning by preparing and delivering course instruction; preparing and grading quizzes and exams; keeping accurate records of student performance; and providing course outline
- Develop collaborative and collegial relationships across the Business Administration Department and the College
- Participate in activities consistent with the mission of the College
- Participate in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes
- Coordinate activities with faculty
Note: Teaching responsibilities may include day, afternoon, evening, weekend, or online courses. Individuals who are presently teaching in the Connecticut Community College system should note there is a limit to the credit hours that can be taught across the system in a given semester.
The current compensation is $1,509 per credit/contact hour for instructors who have taught 18 or more credits in the Connecticut Community College System. Otherwise, the compensation is $1,402 per credit/contact hour.
Interested applicants must submit the following information
- A signed letter of interest addressing the required qualifications not to exceed two pages
- Current resume or curriculum vita that summarizes the candidate’s qualifications for the position
- Copy of all transcripts from accredited institutions (official transcripts will be required at the time of hiring). Please note that documentation from an approved foreign transcript evaluator is required for degrees received from other countries
- The names and contact details of three references
Note: Employment is contingent upon verification of qualifications. Furthermore, Tunxis Community College reserves the right to modify and/or withdraw this position at any time without prior notification.
Send complete application packet to:
Adjunct Faculty Position
ATTN: Sabina Ostynska
Tunxis Community College
271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington, CT 06032
For more information, contact Jacqueline Taraborrelli, Human Resources Associate.