The Academic Support Center offers FREE tutoring services to Tunxis students enrolled in credit courses. Our trained peer tutors and professional staff specialize in tutoring math, developmental English and English as a Second Language. Depending on the semester, the ASC may provide tutoring in other courses. Please go to the ASC Blog – Center Stage for a current list of courses the Center tutors.
Tutoring Hours (during the semester):
Monday-Thursday 9:00am – 6:45pm
Fridays 9:00am – 1:45pm
- Meet one-on-one with a tutor for 45 minutes
- Ask questions and get individualized assistance
Interested in scheduling an individual tutoring session?
- Bring your Tunxis Student ID to the ASC front desk (Appointments cannot be scheduled over the phone)
- Tutoring appointments can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance
- Up to 2 tutoring appointments per class per week can be scheduled
- Need more? Walk-in sessions are offered on a first come, first served basis and are subject to tutor availability. Check with the front desk staff for information.
Open to Pre, Elementary and Intermediate Algebra Students
Click here for more information.
Online Tutoring- www.etutoring.org
Tunxis students can receive tutoring through an online resource provided by the CT Distance Learning Consortium.