Located in the Academic Advising Center, licensed counselors Judy Reilly Roberts, M.S., LPC and Vivian Craven, M.S., LPC, NCC offer crisis counseling to students when they need it, minimizing the waiting time as much as scheduling permits. The initial intake assessment is made during the first appointment from which a counseling referral to other resources may be given. For more information please contact the Academic Advising and Counseling Center at: 860.773.1510.
In addition to the Counselors, the College Victim Advocate, Stacey Palumbo, may also provide support to victims. Together they provide a systematic focus on the needs and concerns of a victim of sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, and relationship violence that:
• Ensures the compassionate and sensitive delivery of services in a nonjudgmental manner
• Ensures an understanding of how trauma affects victim behavior
• Maintains victim safety and privacy
• Recognizes that victims are not responsible for the assault, harassment, stalking, or relationship violence.
Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services (SACS), provides assistance to sexual assault survivors:
- 24 hr. hot line with immediate access to trained certified counselors
- crisis intervention and short-term counseling
- accompaniment and advocacy through the medical, police, and court systems; information and referral for other needs
- support groups
- sign language interpreters available
- male counselors
- TTY access M-F, 9-4:30
1.888.999.5545 and after hours call CT relay 1.800.842.9710.
All services are confidential and absolutely FREE.
SACS is located locally at 19 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051.
They offer 24 hour English and Spanish confidential hotlines with immediate access to trained, certified counselors.
(English 1.860.223.1787 or Español 1.888.568.8332).