Provides skills in accounting, ethics, finance, law, management, management information systems, and marketing which are needed to succeed in businesses from sole proprietorships through global corporations. This degree will prepare you to enter a variety of positions in business or continue on to a bachelor’s degree program. This program may be taken completely online and/or in an accelerated format. It’s also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Upon successful completion of all courses in the program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate both accounting and finance concepts as applied to the sound fiscal management of a business enterprise
- demonstrate various micro- and macroeconomic principles and their influence on the organizational decision-making process
- demonstrate marketing’s role in the development of a successful business strategy
- demonstrate the impact of leadership, employee behavior and organizational culture in attaining organizational goals and objectives
- demonstrate both the ethical and legal implications of managerial decisions and the effect of those decisions on organizational stakeholders
- demonstrate group dynamics and the benefits of a team-based approach in business
- demonstrate the impact and uses of technology in the 21st century business environment
- demonstrate the integration of knowledge and apply learned skills for real-world business decision making
- demonstrate Tunxis’ General Education Abilities as they apply to the business professions
Program Coordinator: Tatiana Machado
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. Get more details about this merger.