Note: For Academic Advising, visit Academic Advising Center • Tunxis Community College
Mental Health & Wellness Services @Tunxis
Welcome to the Mental Health and Wellness Services at Tunxis. Check out the links or video below to learn more about our services. We look forward to connecting with you!
For life threatening situations: Call 911
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis needing immediate attention…
Call or text: 988
- As of July 16, the national suicide & crisis lifeline has been changed to #988. Call, text or chat 24/7 to connect with a trained counselor within the existing lifeline network for confidential crisis support.
Tunxis Community College
Tunxis Mental Health Counselors are professionally trained to help you cope with a variety of educational, mental health and adjustment issues. Through counseling programs and services, they can help you develop skills to cope, manage stress, build confidence, and alleviate other personal barriers to success in college. Counselors can help you create an individualized wellness plan & assist with referrals to outside agencies as needed.
- Initial Counseling Appointments are 45 minutes, including intake.
- Counseling Appointment – Additional counseling sessions are 30 minutes.
- Mental Health Screening – Do you have a concern? Complete a screening questionnaire and then meet individually with a counselor to discuss the results and recommendations. Sessions are 45-minutes, including screening and discussion. Screening Topics include:
• Eating Disorders
• Problem Gambling
• Mood Disorders (Depression, Anxiety, PTSD)
• Drug & Alcohol Addiction
TimelyCare is 24/7 no-cost telehealth services for students to address common conditions that can be safely diagnosed and treated remotely. All you need is an internet connection.
TimelyCare online services are live and ready to use.
Students can now sign-up/register an account by downloading the TimelyCare mobile app and can begin seeing providers.
EVENTS for Spring 2023 - New!!
Stop by the Wellness Resources Table for the newsletter of upcoming events and activities.
The table is located directly outside Room 6-109, the Academic Success & Tutoring Center.
Spring 2023 Upcoming Events:
Yoga is canceled for February 1. We hope to schedule another February date. Updates will be posted here.
Relaxation & Resources Room
The R&R Room
The Relaxation & Resources Room
Drop-In Hours: Monday-Thursday from 8am-5pm
Location: Inside the Academic Success and Tutoring Center, Room 6-109
Open to Students, Staff, Faculty & Administration
RELAX AND UNWIND!
What you’ll find in the R&R Room:
- Calm & Soothing Atmosphere
- Privacy Chairs
- Moon Pod Chairs
- Meditation Headsets
- Tablets with Meditation Apps
- Therapy Lights
- Noise Blocking Headset
- Fidget Toys
- Coloring Books
- Mini Journals
- Yoga Mats
- Stability Ball
Prefer a Virtual Option? – Check out our Virtual Relaxation Room
Mental Health & Wellness Resources
Mental Health & Wellness Resources Table
Stop by the Wellness Resources Table, outside the Academic Success & Tutoring Center, Room 6-109.
Community Resources - State and Local Resources
Hours and Location
Academic Success & Tutoring Center (Room 6-109)
Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm; Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
860-773-1530 (ASTC Front Desk)
Alison McCarthy, MS, NCC, LPC
- Email [email protected]
- Call 860-773-1505
- Visit the Academic Success & Tutoring Center in Room 6-109