The Virtual Relaxation Room
Learning healthy techniques for managing your stress is practicing good self-care which is needed for healthy minds and bodies. This means finding ways to reduce stress every day. Some people exercise, read, listen to music, or talk with friends but there are other ways you can learn to relax your body and quiet your mind. Please try one of the free options below. If you have a hard time sitting to relax you can try something more active like the progressive muscle relaxation (PMR) or yoga. Remember that getting 8 or more hours of sleep is needed to heal our body and mind every day. Having problems falling asleep? Try listening to the bedtime adult story or try the bedtime yoga. Pick one of these activities below to practice every day to supplement your own self-care routine or to begin your journey to good self-care and resiliency. As a precaution, please do not listen to any of these while driving a vehicle.
If you want to learn more about how to manage the stress in your life, please make an appointment with a counselor at [email protected].
- Meditation to start your day 7-minutes
- Breath-focused Guided Meditation for beginners to clear thoughts 10-minutes
- Breath-focused meditation 18-minutes
- Guided meditation for focus 10-minutes
- Meditation for Anxiety 14-minutes
- Calm the overactive mind, reduce anxiety and worry-guided meditation 23-minutes
PMR/Body Scan (YouTube)
- Body Scan meditation -Jon Kabat-Zinn 30-minutes
- Guided progressive muscle relaxation 15-minutes
- Guided Progressive Muscle Relaxation – Spanish – 19-minutes
- Quick Morning Flow to Start Your Day 7-minute – all levels
- Yoga for beginners 20-minute
- Yoga with Adrienne – Yoga for Stress and Anxiety 27-minute
- Yoga for Beginners/Yoga Flow 22-minutes
- Beginner Spanish Yoga Flow 18-minutes
- Chair Yoga for Seniors 16-minutes
- Sleep Talk down – Guided Meditation -60 minutes
- Bedtime Yoga 20-minutes
- Guided meditation from overthinking and deep sleep 31-minutes
- Heal your body while you sleep 60-minutes
- Guided sleep meditation- the train to deep sleep- adult bedtime story 72-minutes
- Calm Free meditation, music, soundscapes, and sleep App. Children’s meditations too.
- Chill-Daily Mindfulness Free daily inspirational quotes. It provides mindfulness reminders randomly throughout the day. Very college student focused.
- Koru Mindfulness Free evidence-based program for teaching mindfulness & meditation to college students and other young adults.
- Mindshift Free anxiety reducing guided meditations.
- Insight Timer Free 10,000 guided meditations. Children’s meditations too.
- Stop, Breathe, and Think Free guided meditations.
- #SelfCare Free games/activities for stress.
- Mindfulness Coach Free self-guided training. Created for Veterans but appropriate for everyone.
- Relax Melodies Free version. This App allows you to combine your favorite sounds from its pre-selected recordings and make your own, soothing melodies.
- Stress Scan Free check your stress throughout the day to better manage it.
- Headspace $10.00 a year for a student if log in on the website, not the app. Mini meditations for stress, anxiety, falling asleep, personal growth, etc. Adult and children.
- Smiling Mind Free Australian meditations focused on increasing calm and contentment and stress reduction. Adult and children meditations.
- Happyfeed: Journal Free. Gratitude journaling is one of the easiest ways to find more happiness by training your brain to focus on the positive and become more resilient.
Resources for Children
- Go Noodle Mindfulness games, videos, and activities. It is also an App, search for the free version
- Cosmic Kids Yoga Yoga for kids. YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Three Good Things: A Happiness Journal This App is simple and easy-to-use, helping children focus on the positive and recognizing what went well today. (Ages 6 and up.) Every child gets to list three things daily that went well, which begins to train their mind to look for things to appreciate and begin a gratitude practice. Apple phones.