Requesting Academic Adjustments and an Intake Meeting for New Students
- Complete the required information by accessing the Accommodate site at: https://tunxis-accommodate.symplicity.com/public_accommodation
Requesting Academic Adjustments for Returning Students
- Semester request accommodation letters can be requested by accessing the Accommodate site at: https://tunxis-accommodate.symplicity.com
Requesting a Proctored Test
- Proctored exams in the Academic Success and Tutoring Center are available to students approved for this accommodation by appointment only during the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday through Thursday. To reserve space in the Center for an exam, please access our Accommodate System at tunxis-accommodate.symplicity.com and complete the information required in the “Testing Room” tab to submit a “New Booking Request”.
Requesting Interpreting Services
- Office of Disability Services – Main Page
- Tips for Prospective Students
- Appropriate Documentation
- Scheduling Exams
- Useful Links
This handbook explains how students with disabilities can request academic adjustments and access support services at Tunxis Community College. It serves as a guide to help students understand the guidelines as well as the steps for obtaining reasonable academic adjustments and access to learning in a post-secondary setting.