Scheduling Exams with Office of Disability Services
Exams must be taken during the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday.
Steps to Schedule Testing Accommodations in the ASTC
- Log in with your Tunxis NetID and password to Accommodate at tunxis-accommodate.symplicity.com
- On the left navigation panel, select ‘Testing Room’.
- Select ‘New Booking Request’.
- From the drop-down menu, select the course.
- Complete the testing information fields. Please note: You should plan to take your exam on the same day/time as your class unless there is a schedule conflict. Please discuss any conflicts with your instructor in advance to determine a mutually agreeable day/time for you to test.
- All scheduled exams will take place in the Academic Success and Tutoring Center in the 600 Building.
- Select ‘Check Availability’.
- Available testing seats will be displayed on the right side of the screen. Please select an available day/time to register.
- From the ‘Confirm Exam Booking’ screen, please review the information is correct, and click ‘Submit Request’.
Upon submitting your Test Request, an auto-generated email will be sent to you and your instructor indicating the testing reservation.
- Students should schedule their exams on the same date/time as their class. Exceptions to this requirement may be made due to SAS’s inability to have a proctor, space, scribe, reader, or computer available at the requested time or due to a student’s academic schedule not permitting full use of allotted extended time. Students needing extended time should determine their start time to ensure that exams are completed by 4:30 PM, Monday through Thursday.
- Exams are taken in one sitting unless an instructor has made prior arrangements with the SAS to divide the exam into sections
- Students approved for additional test accommodations, such as scribes, readers, computers, and/or other adaptive technology, will need to request these accommodations with 7 days advance notice when they schedule their exams.
Day of Exam
- Please arrive at the ASTC at your scheduled testing time. Late arrivals compromise our testing schedule and may result in the need to reschedule your exam to another day/time.
- Have your testing materials ready before entering the testing room. Please be respectful of other people who are testing as well.
- Please take care of all personal needs (food, drink, restroom) before checking in for your test.
- Books, backpacks, bags, cell phones, Apple watches, iPads, etc., must be left in a designated area. All electronic devices must be turned off or on silent mode.
The SAS office adheres to the College’s policy on academic honesty and integrity. If the SAS office believes that a violation has occurred, the student’s instructor will be notified.
- Office of Disability Services – Main Page
- Tips for Prospective Students
- Appropriate Documentation
- Useful Links
This handbook explains how students with disabilities can request academic adjustments and access support services at Tunxis Community College. It serves as a guide to help students understand the guidelines as well as the steps for obtaining reasonable academic adjustments and access to learning in a post-secondary setting.