Student Support Services and Resources
- Academic Advising, Career and Transfer Counseling
- Veterans Certifying Official
- Senior Citizen Registration
ACADEMIC SUCCESS & TUTORING CENTER
600 Building: Room 6-109 • 860.773.1530 • [email protected]
- Free Tutoring
- Algebra Lab (Room 302)
- English Lab (Room 301)
- Student Accessibility Services [email protected]
- Learning Strategies Workshops
- Mental Health Counseling & Wellness Services
[email protected] or 860.773.1505
- TimelyCare (24/7 Telehealth) • timelycare.com/ctstate
ADMISSIONS & ENROLLMENT CENTER (AEC)
700 Building, across the hall from Tunxis Library
[email protected] • 860.773.1490
- Works with all new & readmitted students applying to the college, provides information about Tunxis academic programs and processes Transfer Credit Evaluations for students seeking transfer credits from other colleges and universities.
Financial Aid Services
[email protected] • 860.773.1422
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Grants, scholarships, loans, work-study
[email protected] • 860.773.1441
- Administers student academic records, the course registration and withdrawal process, and enrollment verification
- Graduation information
- Password reset information
- Degree Works
100 Building • 860.773.1338 • txcc-shop.com
- Classroom supplies, computers, cameras, gift items, college clothing
BUSINESS OFFICE/CASHIER’S OFFICE
Founders Hall • 860.773.1320 • [email protected]
- Billing, payments plans, refunds
- U-PASS CT transit cards and additional information are available at the Welcome Center (100 Bldg.)
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT INSTITUTE (CEI)
600 Building/Room 6-129 • 860.773.1642/1966
- CEI is a vibrant intellectual space where ideas are discussed and debated for facilitating knowledge and civility and fostering solutions to community problems.
Open to all students
300 Building: Room 317 • 860.773.1390
- Computers, printers, password resets
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
700 Building • 860.773.1448 • [email protected]
- Non-credit, career training programs
- SNAP program • 860.773.1770 • [email protected]
EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER LAB SCHOOL
300 Building • 860.773.1350 • [email protected]
- Early learning experiences for children ages 3-5 years old
- Open to students, faculty, staff, and general public
- Nationally accredited program (NAEYC)
- Discount rates for children of Tunxis students
- Full-time and part-time childcare
100 Building • 860.773.1353 • [email protected]
- The Corner Café
Mon.-Thurs., 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
LIBRARY AND INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
700 Building • 860.773.1550 • [email protected]
- The Tunxis Library provides resources, research help, and study spaces for groups and individuals, and offers such amenities as group collaboration rooms, computers, printers, photocopier and scanner, free WIFI, and a 24-seat classroom. Services are available to students, faculty, staff, and the public.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES/STUDENT LOUNGE
Founders Hall • 860.773.1361 • [email protected]
- Provides opportunities for involvement and leadership, includes activities, College-wide committees, clubs & organizations, and programming.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION (SGA)
Founders Hall (Next to Student Lounge) • 860.773.1363
- The official voice of the Tunxis student body
- Helps to plan activities and provides a means of communication within the college structure
TUNXIS FOOD PANTRY
200 Building (Up the ramp) • [email protected]
- Provides food & personal items to currently enrolled students experiencing need. 20 items per month limit.
- To access services: tunxis.edu/food-pantry
Founders Hall • [email protected] • 860.773.1364
- A special area devoted to Tunxis’ veterans offering access to technology and a quiet place to study.
- A place for Tunxis veterans to meet fellow servicemen and women, and to find updates, information and
other services from the VA and other Veteran’s support organizations.
100 Building Main Entrance
- Photo I.D.’s, U-PASS transit cards, lost and found items